If you've decided to be a chief bridesmaid dresses - or if you're waiting to become asked - remember that the following qualities goes a long way towards making certain you help make the wedding a large success.
1. Discreet. As a bridesmaid, you're going to become privy to a variety of information - exactly what the bride is thinking about wearing, what you are going to become wearing, the colours of the marriage day... A loyal friend won't gossip about some of this or allow the cat out from the bag about anything before the marriage day.
2. Contactable. Don't be among those people who permanently keep their mobile on vibrate instead of call. Or at least avoid the bride. She needs to become able to contact you when she must. Okay, so maybe not at 2 am, and surely if she would like to chat something through. And if she does leave a text or email, answer it promptly.
3. Friendly. If you don't be aware of other bridesmaids, make a real effort being friends together. Even if you've known the bride to be longest (or it may be the other way around, you're recent friends) then smile and talk with the other girls. Don't be aloof.
4. Enthusiastic about their dress. Nowadays it's unlikely that the bride to be will force you to wear something which doesn't suit you. But whatever she provides you with to wear, you have to put in your best party smile and enjoy it. It's her big day and she has her ideas - which might not match yours. If you've decided to be a bridesmaid, then it is all par for that course.
5. Organised. Get a notebook to create things down in. Put an email on your calendar or diary for when you have to have completed something. You're likely to become planning the hen party, so that your organization skills need to become tip-top.
6. A Drama Queen. It might rain on the marriage day. One from the flower girls may have chickenpox. You're going to need to take this all inside your stride and reassure the bride to be that it does not matter, it's fixable.
7. Glued for your phone. When the bride to be is speaking with you in person, offer her your full attention. Don't um and ah and begin answering or reading your texts from other people. She must know you're together with her 101%
8. Unpredictable. By this I mean, prone to turn up having a completely different hairstyle or having lost/or gained a lot of weight within the run-up to the marriage day so that your blush bridesmaid dresses doesn't fit. By all means, be adventurous - but try to keep the period before the marriage steady - not changeable.
9. Emotional. On the marriage day, do not cry each time you see your friend the bride to be in her frock, walking on the aisle. Yes, she might look lovely and become having a happy day and also you might be delighted on her. But keep a handle in your emotions and hold back around the tears.
10. A Know-All. The bride may have her ideas about invitations, music, food, stationery, and anything else. Whilst you can display her stuff you've seen, restrain on saying "well, I saw a marriage where they did x and I think you want to do that, it might be much better." You get the image.